Sunday, June 17, 2007

Pic-o-rama

It's Sunday evening here, which means I've officially survived my first week in Nan and my first week of teaching.

I took some pictures of my life here, so here they are:

First, we flew over the North pole to get here!



Second, I had my good luck charm (courtesy of MGalla) with me for the flight.



Here's view of the Chiang Mai Airport.


And here is a view of my house. This is the hallway that connects my room, Katie's room, and Steph's room.


My room has an entryway.



Inside, I have a bed, a desk, a bureau, and a bathroom.




I have unpacked and rearranged since these pictures were taken, but you get the idea.

At the end of the hallway, we have our makeshift kitchen, which is basically the entryway to Steph's room.


See that window in the background of the above picture? On the other side of that window is our deck, where we spend a lot of time hanging out and reading.


Our deck overlooks this:


And this is the view of our front yard:


Except now it's the rainy season (there was our first storm since our arrival, complete with monsoon-like rain, on Friday night), so it looks more like this:


This is what a Thai broom looks like:


This is what Thai aerobics, my new love, looks like:



This is what a Thai sunset looks like, complete with Katie, Ajarn Prakop (our boss), and Steph.


This is what some of my fifth graders look like:


My Internet time is running short. I promise I will post more pictures and give a proper update soon.

2 comments:

av said...

this is everything I've ever wanted and more! where will you be placing my life size cut out?

Teresa said...

I love the detailed pictures!!! Keep them coming.