Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life Essentials

So I spent last weekend back in Nan! There was a 3-day weekend for the King's birthday and I decided it would be nice to take a little trip. It looked the same, which was comforting. I visited the morning market and got the breakfast I got every day last year. I went to the night market to see my favorite tofu/peanut sauce lady and she still has the key chain I gave her. I even stayed at my old apartment because this year's PiA fellows live there and I crashed with them. I got to see some of my kids and the teachers for a bit on Saturday because they were leaving to go to a drama competition. My boys have deep voices and are tall and my girls have boyfriends. Ah, they grow up so fast.

The main reason I went to Nan though was to pick up a suitcase I left there last year. I had packed it in a frenzy when I was packing up my Thai life, trying to decide what would be essential for my second go-round. By now, I had honestly forgotten most of what I put in it. Apparently, I decided in April that my essential items for living in Thailand were my bootleg DVDs, a first aid kit, a couple of skirts, my cold-weather clothes (which seems kind of backwards when you think about it but I actually wear at least a sweater and a scarf to bike to work every morning now that it's the "cold" season and a chilly 60 degrees), a motorbike helmet, Steph's leftover sunscreen, hiking boots, and a copy of "The Time Traveler's Wife".

Oh yeah, and these:



Team Anti-Thesis. MHC Champions 2007.