Monday, September 28, 2009

Orange Food and Fat Naked Animals

I'm picking up Manvale from the airport in 4 hours, and I've made all the necessary provisions.



If I wasn't biking to the airport, I would've picked her up a Big Gulp (yup, they have those here), but I thought it would be unwise to bike one-handed on a 6-lane highway.

In other exciting news, tomorrow is the last day in my foreseeable future as an employed person, as well as the day I'm moving out of my apartment. Here's hoping my whole life weighs less than 20 kg so I don't have to pay any extra baggage charges. And then on Thursday, we're going to celebrate my lack of employment by going swimming with elephants. That will be followed by visiting the largest outdoor market in the world (35 acres) and a trip to a 7-tier waterfall.

A part of me is just in utter disbelief that any of this is actually happening, that my life isn't just going to be continuing in the same way it's been for the past year, that this may be the last time I live in Thailand, that all these e-tickets and itineraries I just printed are for actual flights that are going to take me to new places. And then the realization hits and I get SO EXCITED. I truly cannot wait to be on the same continent as all of you again. 55 days until I'm back on US soil.

3 comments:

MG said...

of COURSE they have big gulps, because there are seven elevens on every corner! Oh thailand.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE IN AMERICA AND WE CAN EAT GIANT DONUTS TOGETHER!

Teresa said...

BABY COME BACK!!!!!!!

Goose said...

Are you here yet?